SHCC Reports & Publications
State Health Plans
The SHCC makes recommendations to the governor and the legislature through the Texas State Health Plan (TSHP), which is issued every six years with updates biennially. The council also provides overall guidance in the development of the TSHP, submits the plan to the governor, and promotes the implementation of the plan. The plan and its updates are due to the governor for adoption by November 1 of each even-numbered year.
- 2023-2028 Texas State Health Plan
- 2017-2022 Texas State Health Plan
- 2011-2016 Texas State Health Plan
Health Information Technology Advisory Committee
- SHCC Recommendations for DSHS' HB1023 Report on the Mental Health Workforce Shortage (PDF)
- The State of Telemedicine and TeleHealth in Texas, 2002 (PDF)
Note: These reports are the results of research and analyses conducted by the Center for Health Statistics and the SHCC. The results do not necessarily reflect the policy or views of the Department of State Health Services.