Health Professions Resource Center (HPRC)
The mission of the Health Professions Resource Center is to be the primary source of health workforce information in the state of Texas. We achieve this mission by:
- Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating data concerning the supply trends, geographic distribution, and demographics of healthcare professionals
- Study healthcare workforce issues and prepare reports on the findings
- Designate health care delivery sites where mid-level providers can practice limited prescriptive authority
- Provide resources for primary care providers seeking collaborative practice opportunities through a clearinghouse program
The Health Professions Resource Center was established in 1989 (Texas Health & Safety Code, Chapters 104/ 105). The center was later transferred from the Texas Department of Health to the Statewide Health Coordinating Council in 1997. Administrative oversight is provided by the Center for Health Statistics, Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Texas Physician Education Pipeline, May 2022
- Texas Projections of Supply and Demand for Physicians, 2018-2032
- Texas Supply and Demand Dental Projections, 2018-2030
- Texas Projections of Supply and Demand for Primary Care Physicians and Psychiatrists, 2017-2030
Note: For information regarding licensing, certification, or education requirements for health professionals, please contact the licensing board for that profession (links to boards are on State Licensed Professions Supply & Distribution Tables page).