Laws, Rules, and Authorization
Texas Statutes – This statutory database is maintained by both the Texas Legislative Council and West Publishing Company. Direct links to specific codes most relevant to the HIV/STD program are below.
- Chapter 96, Bloodborne Pathogen Control
- Chapter 98, Texas HIV Medication Program
- Chapter 81, Communicable Diseases
- Chapter 85, AIDS and HIV
- Chapter 94, Education and Prevention Program for Hepatitis C
- Chapter 163, Education Program about Sexual Conduct and Substance Abuse
- Chapter 32, Consent to Treatment of Child by Non-Parent or Child
- Chapter 159, Physician - Patient Communication
Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) – TMHP is a group of contractors who administer Texas Medicaid and other state health-care programs on behalf of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
General Appropriations Act – State appropriations information is available through the Legislative Budget Board web site. The Legislative Budget Board (LBB) is a permanent joint committee of the Texas Legislature that develops recommendations for legislative appropriations for all agencies of state government.
Texas Pharmacy Act, Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 551 – Regulations relating to the sale, delivery, or distribution of prescription drugs and devices.
Information on bills and amendments as well as legislative and committee calendars.
State and Local Records Management (SLRM) Division – State and Local Records Management provides an infrastructure for managing Texas public records. SLRM assists state and local officials with training, resources, guidelines, and consultation to ensure that government information is stored, retained, and accessible.
Direct links to specific U.S. rules and regulations such as the U.S. Code, Executive Orders, OMB Circulars, Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Register, and many more.
Code of Federal Regulations – Text of public regulations issued by agencies of the Federal government.
U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) – Produce and distribute information products and services for all three branches of the Federal Government, including U.S. passports for the Department of State as well as the official publications of Congress, the White House, and other Federal agencies in digital and print formats.
Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Legislation – The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program is the largest federal program focused specifically on providing HIV care and treatment services to persons living with HIV. Working with cities, states, and local community-based organizations, the program provides a comprehensive system of care for persons living with HIV who are uninsured or underinsured. A smaller but critical portion funds technical assistance, clinical training, and the development of innovative models of care.
- CDC Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention
- CDC National Prevention Information Network (NPIN)
- Content of AIDS-Related Written Materials, Pictorials, Audiovisuals, Questionnaires, Survey Instruments, and Educational Sessions in Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Assistance Programs
HIV/STD Program Security and Confidentiality Resources
- HIV/STD Security Policies and Procedures
- Health Information Privacy (HIPAA)
- HIPAA and HIV
- Texas State Business and Commerce Code: Unauthorized Use of Identifying Information (ID Theft)