Community Health Services
The purpose of Community Health Services is to provide population-based services to counties in Public Health Regions 2/3 not served by a local health department. The Community Health Team is composed of two programs in the region: Maternal and Child Health and Tobacco Prevention and Control. The Community Health Team works in an integrated fashion to address the Essential Public Health Services in each county.
Essential Public Health Services
- Monitor the health status of individuals in the community to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate community health problems and community health hazards.
- Inform, educate, and empower the community on health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships in identifying and solving community health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community efforts to improve health.
- Enforce laws and rules that protect public health and ensure safety under those laws and rules.
- Link individuals who have a need for community and personal health services to appropriate community and private providers.
- Ensure a competent workforce for the provision of essential public health services.
- Research new insights and innovative solutions to community health problems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services in a community.
DSHS Public Health Regions 2/3
1301 South Bowen Road, Suite 200
Arlington, TX 76013-2262