Public Health Region 11 Tobacco Prevention and Control
Reduce the usage of tobacco among Texans.
The mission of the Office of Tobacco Prevention and Control (OTPC) is to reduce the health and economic toll tobacco has placed on the citizens of Texas.
To keep young people and adults from ever beginning to smoke, vape, or use other tobacco-related products or to help people stop smoking and using other tobacco-related products. To eliminate exposure to tobacco smoke in the environment
- Technical assistance to community organizations, schools, worksites, health professionals & law enforcement agencies.
- Media campaigns to educate Texans about the dangers of tobacco use and law.
- Toll-free number for those requesting tobacco information or to report illegal tobacco sales to youth: 1-800-345-8647
- Information on tobacco prevention ordinances and laws.
- Certification of instructors for the Texas Youth Tobacco Awareness Program.
- Texas Tobacco Prevention and Control Coalition Program.
- Brochures and literature on various Tobacco Prevention and Control.
Texas Department of State Health Services Region 11
601 W. Sesame Dr.
Harlingen, TX 78550
Phone: 956-423-0130 Ext: 5554