Quality Assurance for TVFC-Providers
Resources for Responsible Entities to conduct follow-up visit for TVFC providers that receive Compliance and IQIP Site Visits.
What is IQIP?
- IQIP is a collaborative approach to improving your clinic’s immunization program. The purpose of IQIP is to promote and support increased vaccine uptake through provider-level quality improvement strategies.
The 4 Strategies
IQIP promotes four core strategies designed to assist providers with delivering vaccines on-time. IQIP consultants collaborate with providers to decide which strategies to implement.
- Schedule the next vaccination visit before the patient leaves the provider site
- Leverage immunization information system (IIS) functionality to improve immunization practice
- Give a strong vaccine recommendation (include HPV vaccine if provider has adolescent patients)
- Strengthen vaccination communications
Scheduling the Next Immunization Visit
On-time vaccination depends on providers communicating to patients and parents the importance of returning for follow-up doses according to the ACIP schedule. Scheduling the next visit before the patient leaves the office ensures the patient will return. Assessing current implementation of this strategy allows awardees, providers, and their staff to address gaps in coverage that may exist because of missed opportunities or scheduling oversight.
Goal: help providers to integrate scheduling practices with staff and workflow.
- Scheduling the Next Visit Workflow
- Suggestions to Improve Your Immunization Services
- Scheduling the Next Immunization Visit
Leveraging IIS Functionality
On-time vaccinations depends on knowing the vaccines a patient is due for and when they should be administered. Well-maintained vaccination data in the immunization information system (ISS) can support providers in these efforts. Consultants can help providers understand their role in ensuring IIS data for their patients are accurate, timely, and complete as well as how the IIS can help inform and support their immunization practice. Implementation of this IQIP strategy will enable providers to maintain their patients’ data in the IIS, identify coverage gaps in their clinic, and take action to improve.
Goal: help providers to run reports, integrate IIS services, improve reporting processes.
Give a Strong Vaccine Recommendation
On-time vaccination is dependent on parents choosing to vaccinate their children. Making strong vaccine recommendations can help providers increase on-time vaccination in their practice.
Goal: help providers to decrease patient hesitancy and increase provider confidence across patient ages, vaccine types, and MDs/nurses/office staff.
Strengthen Vaccine Communications
The spread of myths and misinformation puts achieving on-time vaccination at risk. Trust in vaccines is not built through a top-down approach, but through conversations between parents, doctors, nurses, pharmacist, and community members. Patients and parents can feel more confident about vaccinating when everyone in the practice shares the same message. From the front desk to the exam room to check out, everyone plays an important role in supporting vaccination through positive messaging.
Goal: help providers to promote vaccines in their clinic through printed materials and marketing campaigns.
- Leveraging IIS Functionality Direct Entry
- Leveraging IIS Functionality Unidirectional
- Schedule Next Immunization Workflow- Vaccination Restart
- Immunization Workflow -Vaccination Restart- Part 1
- Immunization Workflow – Vaccination Restart – Part 2
- IQIP at a Glance for Consultants
- IQIP at a Glance for Providers
General Vaccine Resources
This section offers resources to assist providers to improve general vaccine practices, resources to parents, vaccine schedules and vaccination co-administration.
Goal: help providers to improve general vaccine practices, provide resources to parents, Vaccine schedules, covid/flu/routine vax co-administration
RE Specific Programmatic Resources
This section provides resources to assist REs to conduct IQIP process/check in, programmatic resources, IQIP RE manual, Redcap links and IQIP training videos.
Goal: help REs to conduct the IQIP process/check ins