Eligibility and How to Apply to The Public Health Texas Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in the Texas Public Health Fellowship! The online 2024-25 Texas Public Health Fellowship Application will open Fall 2023. Sign up for email updates to receive announcements and link to the application. All applications will be due February 1st, 2024. Please see How to Apply for more details!
You are eligible to apply and will be considered for the Fellowship if you are interested in pursuing a career in public health and early in your public health career. Fellows may come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and all levels of education (high school diploma, associates, bachelors, masters, doctoral, community health worker). We encourage people from any background to apply.
Are you eligible?
All applicants must be:
- Early in their public health career with less than two years of full-time, professional experience in public health OR be transitioning into public health from another industry.
All applicants must be willing to:
- Commit to full-time work (40 hours per week) for one year, from June 1, 2024 to May 30, 2025
- Be in person full-time during the Fellowship
- Live in Texas during the Fellowship
- Participate in professional development activities
- Meet expectations of assigned Host Site
- Provide legal proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Participate in Fellowship activities with a cohort of Fellows
Is the Fellowship a good fit for you?
You should consider applying if you fit one or more of these descriptions:
- Enthusiastic about and interested in public health
- Interested in applying my technical background, skill, or expertise to public health
- Interested in getting experience in a specific area of public health
- Recently completed a degree or planning to graduate by June 1, 2024
- Want to gain practical skills and experience before moving forward with masters or doctoral degree
Have you recently completed a degree or will you complete your degree by June 2024?
The Fellowship is a great gap year experience. Whatever your level of education, the Fellowship could be a great fit for you. Perhaps you just finished your high school, associates, bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree and are looking for opportunities to apply what you’ve learned.
Will you be a full-time student during the Fellowship?
If you plan to be a full-time student anytime from June 1, 2024 – May 30, 2025, this is not the best program for you. The Fellowship requires Fellows to commit 40 hours per week during regular business hours to the Fellowship. We recommend focusing on your degree and applying once you’ve graduated.
Are you interested in transitioning your career into public health?
Perhaps you’ve worked in a different industry and are interested in applying your expertise to public health. The Fellowship could be a great way to become familiar with the field and initiate your career in public health.