License Qualification Package - Youth Camp Program
Definition of Youth Camp
To determine if an operation is a youth camp, the operation must meet the following criteria:
- Provides supervision, instruction, and recreation
- Accommodates at least five minors during each camp session
- Operates as a youth camp for no more than 120 days each calendar year
- Hosts children who are apart from parents or guardians
- Operates as a youth camp for a period of four or more consecutive days
- Operates as a youth camp four or more consecutive hours per day
- Operates as a youth camp only during school vacation periods
- Offers, during each camper session, at least two youth camp specialized activities in an outdoor setting such as: waterfront activities, archery, horseback riding, challenge courses, or riflery that requires special technical skills, equipment, or safety regulations supervised by a qualified adult at all times.
Note that some “camp” operations may not meet all of the criteria listed above, and would not be considered a Youth Camp operation, although they may be considered a Child Care operation. Visit the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services website for more information on Child Care. Additionally, some licensed youth camps may offer services that do not meet the above criteria (such as weekend retreats), and those services would not be regulated under the youth camp laws.
Contact Information for the Licensing Group
Phone: (512) 834-6600
Fax: (512) 834-6614
View the Contact Information page for additional address and contact information.
Once the Environmental and Sanitation Licensing Group has received all necessary documentation and fees your Youth Camp Application will be processed in the order of receipt. Once issued, the license will be mailed to the mailing address that is provided on the application.