Texas Council on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders
The Texas Council on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders (Council) was established in 1987 by Texas Health and Safety Code, Section 101.
The Council shall:
- Advise the department and recommend needed action for the benefit of persons with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders and for their caregivers
- Coordinate public and private family support networking systems for primary family caregivers
- Disseminate information on services and related activities for persons with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders to the medical and health care community, the academic community, primary family caregivers, advocacy associations, and the public
- Coordinate a volunteer assistance program primarily for in-home and respite care services
- Encourage research to benefit persons with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders
- Recommend to the Department disbursement of grants and funds available for the Council
- Facilitate coordination of state agency services and activities relating to persons with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders
Additional Council Duties
- Texas Alzheimer’s Research & Care Consortium
- Darrell K Royal Texas Alzheimer's Initiative
- Member Roster (pdf)
- Texas Council on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Biennial Reports
Next Public Meeting
Texas Government Code, Section 531.0165 requires that open meetings be broadcast beginning September 1, 2023.
If you would like information about previous meetings, please email us.