Diabetes News You Can Use is a free news bulletin of the Texas Department of State Health Services. It is compiled by the DSHS Diabetes Prevention and Control Program and we highlight information and news related to diabetes.
Please take our Diabetes News You Can Use survey to help us better provide resources for our readers.
August is National Wellness Month
- Change is Possible: How Increased Patient Activation is Associated with Favorable Changes in Well-being, Self-management, and Health Outcomes Among People with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Prospective Longitudinal Study
- Association Between Annual Wellness Visits and Major Amputations Among Medicare Beneficiaries in the Diabetes Belt
- Psychotherapeutic Interventions to Improve Psychological Adjustment in Type 1 Diabetes: A Systematic Review
September is Healthy Aging Month
- Healthy Aging-Nutrition Matters: Start Early and Screen Often
- Can Resistance Exercise be a Tool for Healthy Aging in Post-Menopausal Women with Type 1 Diabetes?
- Hyperinsulinemia and Its Pivotal Role in Aging, Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer
October is Health Literacy Month
- Effectiveness and Economic Impact of a Diabetes Education Program Among Adults with Type 2 Diabetes in South Texas
- Diabetes Education Desert: Regional Disparity Between Diabetes Prevalence and Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs in Texas
- Cocreation of Massive Open Online Courses to Improve Digital Health Literacy in Diabetes: Pilot Mixed Methods Study
- Diabetes Distress Assessment and Resource Center: Type 1 Diabetes Distress Scale is a useful tool that can help providers assess how a diabetes patient is doing during appointments.
- American Diabetes Association: Free diabetes and mental/emotional health workbook
- Behavioral Diabetes Institute: Free free diabetes etiquette cards for parents
- Behavioral Diabetes Institute: Free diabetes etiquette cards for people who don’t have diabetes
- Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (ADCES): Core Concepts Online Session
- ADCES Diabetes Prevention Program: Lifestyle Coach Training Online
- American Diabetes Association: Upcoming Live Diabetes Webinars
Subscribe to the free DSHS Diabetes email list to receive the Diabetes News You Can Use by email. You also will receive periodic messages related to public meetings and activities of the DSHS Diabetes Prevention and Control Program.
(All past issues are PDF documents.)
Feb 2021 | May 2021 | August 2021 | Nov 2021 | Feb 2022 | May 2022
Jan 2020 | Feb 2020 | March 2020 | April 2020 | May 2020 | June 2020
July 2020 | Aug 2020 | Sept 2020 | Oct 2020 | Nov 2020
The articles and hyperlinks to external websites appearing in Diabetes News You Can Use are intended to be informational and do not represent an endorsement by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Other websites may not be accessible to people with disabilities. For more information about any of the items listed, please contact the sponsoring organization directly.