How to Apply
Applying for the Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite (TMFW) designation is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Develop or review your worksite lactation support policy
- Set up a Technical Assistance Call with TMFW Staff
- Apply for designation
Your business may be designated as a Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite if you offer a written and communicated employee worksite lactation support policy. Your policy should include information on:
- Work pattern flexibility and break time;
- A private, non-bathroom location(s) to express breastmilk;
- Access to a nearby clean and safe water source; and
- Access to storage options to safely store breastmilk.
Still have questions about getting started? View our application FAQs below for answers to frequently asked questions about the application process.
For support with your application, please email TMFW program staff at TexasMotherFriendlyWorksite@dshs.texas.gov.
As a designated Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite, you'll have happier, healthier employees. You'll also enjoy benefits such as:
- Public recognition on the TMFW Directory.
- Engagement with the TMFW program staff. We will keep you in the know about breastfeeding resources for employers.
- Free marketing resources to promote your TMFW designation to your employees and the community.