Stock Epinephrine Advisory Committee
The Stock Epinephrine Advisory Committee (SEAC) advises the DSHS commissioner on:
- The storage and maintenance of epinephrine auto-injectors and medication for respiratory distress on school campuses and campuses of institutions of higher education.
- The training of school personnel and school volunteers, and of personnel and volunteers at institutions of higher education in the administration of epinephrine auto-injectors.
- The training of school personnel and school volunteers, and of personnel and volunteers at institutions of higher education in the administration of a medication for respiratory distress.
- A plan for trained school personnel, school volunteers, and personnel members or volunteers of an institution of higher education to be on each school campus.
The committee's goal is to examine and review the administration on a campus of a school district, an open-enrollment charter school, a private school, or an institution of higher education of:
- epinephrine auto-injectors to a person experiencing an anaphylactic reaction
- medication for respiratory distress to a person experiencing respiratory distress.
View the statutes and rules about the SEAC.
Next Public Meeting
Date: April 1, 2024
Time: 10:00 a.m. CT
Location: Texas Department of State Health Services
Robert D. Moreton Building, Room M-100
Livestream: Morton M-100 Live (link)
The meeting agenda and live stream link will be provided closer to the meeting date.
Future meeting dates are subject to change.
Subscribe to the Friday Beat. This weekly e-newsletter includes announcements and other school-related information.
View the committee membership roster. [pdf] Committee membership must include the following categories:
- Most of the members are physicians with expertise in treating anaphylaxis, including physicians who specialize in the fields of pediatrics, allergies, asthma, and immunology
- At least one member is a registered nurse employed by a school district or open-enrollment charter school
- At least one member is an employee of a general academic teaching institution
- At least one member is an employee of a public junior college or a public technical institute
Read about advisory committee appointments.
|December 8, 2023
|October 16. 2023
|16 Oct 2023 Minutes
|October 14, 2022
|14 Oct 2022 Minutes
|October 15, 2021
|15 Oct 2021 Minutes
|October 16, 2020
- Education Code, Title 2, Subtitle G, Chapter 38, Subchapter E, Maintenance and Administration, and Disposal of Epinephrine Auto-Injectors and Medication for Respiratory Distress
- Education Code, Title 3, Subtitle A, Chapter 51, Subchapter Y-1, Maintenance, Storage, Administration, and Disposal of Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 40, Subchapter E, Epinephrine Auto-Injector Policies in Schools
Allergy and Anaphylaxis Related Resources
- Guidelines for the Care of Students with Food Allergies [pdf]
- Administered Epinephrine Auto-Injectors in School Report (2019-2020) [pdf]
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Resources for Schools
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Policy Repository Procedures
- Required Reporting of Administered Epinephrine Auto-Injectors to DSHS