Stock Epinephrine Advisory Committee
In response to Senate Bill 66, 84th Legislative Session, the Stock Epinephrine Advisory Committee (SEAC) was formed. Its goal is to examine and review the administration of epinephrine auto-injectors to a person experiencing an anaphylactic reaction on a school campus. The committee advises the commissioner on:
- The storage and maintenance of epinephrine auto-injectors on school campuses
- The training of school personnel and school volunteers on the administration of epinephrine auto-injectors
- A plan for trained school personnel or school volunteers to be on each school campus
During the 2017 Legislative Session, Senate Bill 1367 passed into law. It allowed institutions of higher education to adopt and implement epinephrine auto-injector policies on their campuses (Texas Education Code, Chapter 51, Subchapter Y-1).
Next Public Meeting
Date: October 16, 2023 PAST MEETINGS
Time: 10:00 a.m. CT
Location: Texas Department of State Health Services
Robert D. Moreton Building, Room M-100
The meeting agenda and live stream link will be provided closer to the meeting date.
Future meeting dates are subject to change.
Subscribe to the Friday Beat. This weekly e-newsletter includes announcements and other school-related information.
If you would like to serve on the committee, please review the committee vacancies and complete the online application by April 14, 2023.
View the committee membership roster. [pdf] Committee membership must include the following categories:
- Most of the members are physicians with expertise in treating anaphylaxis, including physicians who specialize in the fields of pediatrics, allergies, asthma, and immunology
- At least one member is a registered nurse employed by a school district or open-enrollment charter school
- At least one member is an employee of a general academic teaching institution
- At least one member is an employee of a public junior college or a public technical institute
Read about advisory committee appointments.
|October 14, 2022||14Oct2022 Agenda||14 Oct 2022 Minutes||14Oct2022 Webcast|
|October 15, 2021||15Oct2021 Agenda||15 Oct 2021 Minutes||15Oct2021 Webcast|
|October 16, 2020||16Oct2020 Agenda||16Oct2020 Minutes||16Oct2020 Webcast|
Statute and Rules
- Education Code, Title 2, Subtitle G, Chapter 38, Subchapter E, Maintenance, Administration, and Disposal of Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 37, Subchapter U, Epinephrine Auto-Injector Policies in Schools
Allergy and Anaphylaxis Related Resources
- Guidelines for the Care of Students with Food Allergies [pdf]
- Administered Epinephrine Auto-Injectors in School Report (2019-2020) [pdf]
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Resources for Schools
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Policy Repository Procedures
- Required Reporting of Administered Epinephrine Auto-Injectors to DSHS