Texas School Health Advisory Committee (TSHAC)
The Texas School Health Advisory Committee’s (TSHAC) assists the Department of State Health Services (department) to support and coordinate school health programs and school health services. It also provides leadership to identify and disseminate school health best practices and resources for school policy makers. View statutes and rules about the TSHAC.
Join Our E-mail List
You will receive free email updates about TSHAC meetings and related activities. Subscribe to E-mail List Click the "subscribe" button on the right to add your email address to our list.
Vision: We, the TSHAC, envision healthier Texans through coordinated school health.
Mission: To provide assistance in establishing a leadership role for DSHS in the support for and delivery of coordinated school health programs and school health services.
Goals: Active leadership – Best practices identification and dissemination – Coordinated school health promotion
Next Public Meeting
Date: February 27, 2023
Time: 10:00 a.m. CT
Location: Texas Department of State Health Services
1100 W 49th St, Austin, TX 78756
Robert D. Moreton Building, Room M-100
Future meeting date, time and location are subject to change.
Subscribe to receive free email updates about the next meeting and related TSHAC activities.
The TSHAC consists of:
- one representative from the Texas Department of Agriculture
- one representative from Texas Education Agency
- the department's school health program coordinator or other department representative
- 17 members representing school personnel or school district board members, registered school nurse, parents of school-age children, physician, school counselor, nonprofit representatives
- physical educator, health educator, and a school nutrition program educator
- Research and recommendations to support development of local district health policy
- Resources and links to school health information and technical support
- Sample documents and other helpful tools developed by school districts
School Health Advisory Committee: Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 12, Chapter 1001, Subchapter D, Section 1001.0711
Analysis of Results: Texas Education Code, Texas Education Code, Title 2, Chapter 38, Subchapter A, Section 38.104
School Health Advisory Committee: Texas Administrative Code, Texas Administrative Code, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 37, Subchapter R, Section 37.350
Questions about TSHAC?