Additional Resources for Cancer Information
The Texas Cancer Registry (TCR) solely collects, maintains, and provides data and statistics on cancer in Texas. The TCR does not provide financial or support services for cancer. The following organizations provide additional information on cancer that might be helpful to the general public, patients, caregivers and survivors. The TCR's referral to these organizations is informational and does not imply endorsement by the TCR or the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Cancer, Treatment, and Support Services
American Cancer Society
- The American Cancer Society can answer questions 24 hours a day, every day of the year to empower people with accurate, up to date information to help them make educated health decisions. The Society also connects patients, caregivers, and family members with valuable services and resources.
- Website: cancer.org
- Phone: 800-227-2345
- CancerCare provides professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical, and financial challenges of cancer.
- Website: cancercare.org
- Phone: 800-813-4673
- LIVESTRONG provides direct services to anyone affected by cancer and connects people and communities with the services they need.
- Website: livestrong.org
- Phone: 855-220-7777
National Cancer Institute
- The National Cancer Institute is the federal government's principal agency for cancer research and training. It leads, conducts, and supports cancer research to advance scientific knowledge and help all people live longer, healthier lives.
- Website: cancer.gov
- Phone: 800-422-6237
Paying for Cancer Treatment
- HealthCare.gov provides information on health insurance options, including insurance exchanges, Medicaid, and Medicare.
- Website: HealthCare.gov
- Phone: 800-318-2596
- 2-1-1 Texas provides accurate, well-organized, and easy-to-find information from state and local health and human services programs, including Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Breast and Cervical Cancer Services, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Website: 211texas.org
- Phone: 211 or 877-541-7905
Texas County Indigent Health Care Programs
- The County Indigent Health Care Program helps low-income Texans who don't qualify for other state or federal health care programs have access to health care services.
- Phone: 800-222-3986, extension 6467