General License Acknowledgements (GLA)
A GLA is required for certain detecting, measuring, gauging, or controlling devices that are authorized by the general license in Title 25 Texas Administrative Code §289.251(f)(4)(H); and have one of the following sources and activity threshold:
- 10 millicuries or greater of Cesium-137
- 1 millicuries or greater of Cobalt-60
- 1 millicurie or greater of Americium-241 or any other transuranic (e.g., Curium-244, Californium-251
- 0.1 millicuries of Strontium-90
To apply for a GLA, submit the following within 30 days of receipt of the device:
- RC 251-2, Application for a General License Acknowledgement Form.
- RC 252-1, Business Information Form.
- Required fee. Refer to page 3 of RC 251-2 - Application for a General License Acknowledgement Form for fees.
- Email a copy of the completed application and business information form to RAMLicensing@dshs.texas.gov.
- Check or money order with the required fee and a copy of RC Form 251-2 “Application for a General License Acknowledgement” to the address on the form.
Contact us with questions regarding General License Acknowledgements.
GLA Compliance and Inspection Questions
Phone: 512- 834-6676
GLA Fee Questions