Car Seat Information for Parents
Need a car seat?
If you need a car seat and there is not an inspection listed near you, please contact Safe Riders at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-252-8255 and leave a message. Please include your city, county, and zip code. Safe Riders responds to messages in the order in which they are received. Please allow two-to-three business days for a response to your call or email.
Please visit the Safe Riders webpage for information about eligibility to receive a car seat.
To find a Safe Riders distribution site near you, please refer to our Safe Riders partner map.
Child Passenger Safety Videos
- Rear-Facing Videos:
- Forward-Facing Videos
- Booster Videos
- Air Bags Videos:
- LATCH Videos:
Child Passenger Safety Additional Resources
- Safe Riders Educational Materials and Toolkit
- Child Safety Seat Information (AAP)
- Guidance on choosing the most appropriate seat for a child
- Child Safety Seat Recalls (NHTSA)
- List of child safety seats that have been recalled
- Child Safety Seat Ease of Use Ratings (NHTSA)
- 5-star ratings system for evaluating how easy to use certain child safety seat features
- Traffic Safety Information (NHTSA)
- Information on traffic safety, including child passenger safety
- Injury Prevention for Children (Safe Kids)
- Tips for keeping kids safe
The Texas Department of State Health Services does not endorse external links to other websites. These links are informational and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities.