Child Safety Seat Checkup Events and Inspection Stations
During a child safety seat checkup event or inspection station, a certified child passenger safety (CPS) technician will work with the family. During the event, the technician will check for correct seat use based on the child's:
- Weight; and
Technicians will also provide education to parents and caregivers on proper harnessing and fit, and correct installation in their vehicle. This public service is free-of-charge. Download what you can expect from a CPS technician (PDF).
Find an In-Person Car Seat Inspection Station
Safe Kids coalitions hold regular inspection station events. Find a coalition near you:
- Safe Kids Austin - visit Kids in Cars - Dell Children's Hospital or call 512-324-TOTS (8687).
- Safe Kids Greater Dallas led by Children’s Health - visit Car Seat Program Appointments (childrens.com) or call 214-456-2059.
Fort Worth Area
- Safe Kids North Texas led by Cook Children’s - visit Safe Kids North Texas.
- Safe Kids Greater Houston led by Texas Children’s - visit Safe Kids Greater Houston.
To find an in-person car seat checkup event or certified technician near you, please contact Safe Riders (firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-252-8255).
- Find a Safe Kids Coalition near you.
- Safekids - Car Seat.
- National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) - Keeping Kids Safe.
- NHTSA - Right Seat Campaign.
The Texas Department of State Health Services does not endorse external links to other websites. These links are informational and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities.