ON THIS PAGE
TxEVER Local Admin How-To's
- To Add or Change a Local Administrator in your Facility
- Fix Invalid Pins
- How To Create a New User
- How to Search for a User Using Filter Search
- How to add a User to a Library Table
- How to Re-Activate TxEVER Accounts after 90 days of Inactivity
To Add or Change a Local Administrator in your Facility
- For a new user or a facility with no local administrator, the supervisor for the facility will need to submit a help request online and provide the user information for the new user that will be the new local administrator for the facility.
- The user will need to either complete the user enrollment form to access TxEVER or have a current TxEVER account.
- If the current local administrator is leaving the facility, they can submit a help request online to request to have another user added as the local administrator prior to their departure.
Every facility that has multiple TxEVER users will have at least one user with local administrator permissions. It is the local administrator's responsibility to -
- Add new users after ensuring they first follow the Criminal Background Check process unless they are a licensed physician, physician assistant, nurse, or funeral director:
- Step 1. The new user completes fingerprinting with IdentoGo
- Step 2. Email the required information to FieldServices@dshs.texas.gov requesting TxEVER access. In the email, please include for the new user:
- Full Legal Name
- Date of Birth
- Copy of IdentoGo receipt as attachment
- Step 3. Wait and receive approval for TxEVER access before proceeding with account creation.
- Maintain current users and update user information as needed
- Deactivate TxEVER users that have separated from their facility
Some account management functions only the VSS TxEVER Help Desk can do. The most common example is when a physician had an old TER account, but left their old practice and moved to your medical facility. You will be unable to "see" the user until we, at the state level, "assign" the new "location" to that user's profile.
If your facility's local administrator leaves, someone at the state level will need to assign you or another user as a local administrator. Local administrators are unable to grant other users administrator access. The TxEVER Help Desk will only perform functions that local administrators are unable to.
Fix Invalid Pins
- Instructions to fix invalid PINS for physicians who certify death certificates (PDF)
- Instructions to fix invalid PINS for Birth Certifier/Attendants (PDF)
Step 1: Click the “Create User” button
Step 2: Fill in all information for the new user.
Step 3: After all information is filled, click “Create User” to move on to add locations.
How to Search for a User Using Filter Search
- Go to Tools -> Security -> User Management
- Click “Additional Filters”
Step 1: Select the searched user to add to the library table
Step 2: Click on the “Check Linked Library details” link at the bottom of the page
- Go to global, Tools > Security > User Maintenance
- Search for user, select name
- Click "Re-activate User" to re-activate a user
- For more information, please see the TxEVER shortcut guide for medical certifier local administrators.