Food Wholesalers/Warehouses General Information
- Sell any type of food product to any entity other than the final consumer
- Hold food that will be sold or distributed either by that entity or another
- Sell bulk raw materials (flour, sugar, grains, etc.) to any entity other than the final consumer
The Licensing Flowchart for Food Wholesalers and Warehouses (PDF, 157KB) provides guidance on which license is appropriate for individual businesses. This chart provides the current interpretation of our regulations and is subject to change. Please call (512) 834-6670 if you do not see your specific situation reflected here.
The following entities are subject to inspection but are exempt from licensure:
- Wholesalers of beverages in sealed containers, including alcoholic beverages, are subject to inspection but are exempt from licensure.
Please note: Exceptions are wholesalers that also carry concentrates, drink mixes, or other food products. These entities are required to license based on the non-exempt products.
- Compliance Actions - Food Manufacturers, Wholesalers, and Warehouses
- Food Manufacturers General Information
- Contact Information
- List of Reading Materials
- Complaints Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Juice HACCP
- Seafood HACCP Requirements
- Requests for Official Determination on Food Regulations
- Applications and Forms
- Guidance Documents
- Open Records
- FDA Links
- Bottled and Vended Water
- Dietary Supplements
- Request for Comment on Federal Contract Inspection of Food Facilities, Manufactured Foods Regulatory Program Standards Cooperative Agreement, and Rapid Response Team Cooperative Agreement