Patient Results Request
How Patients Can Request Copies of Test Results
Starting October 1, 2014, we can provide test results to patients, or to their legally authorized representative, for specimens tested at the DSHS Laboratory. Please follow the steps below to ask for your test results.
- Complete the Authorization to Release Laboratory Results form (PDF 63kb). All fields are required. If all fields are not filled in, you may not get your results. If you have questions about the form, call DSHS at 512-776-7578.
- Mail or fax your completed Authorization to Release Laboratory Results form (PDF 63kb). Include (1) a copy of your current and valid government-issued photo ID, and (2) any other documents needed.
Laboratory Reporting Group, MC 1947
PO Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347
- Please allow up to 30 days for DSHS to review and reply to your request. If we have questions, we will contact you.
- 2022 Laboratory Renovation
- Certificates of Accreditation
- The Laboratorian News
- Annual Laboratory Customer Service Survey
- Austin Laboratory Correspondence and Bulletins
- Directory of DSHS Laboratory Tests and Specimen Requirements
- Laboratory Fee Schedule
- Laboratory Testing Services Manual - Laboratory Tests for Diseases and Agents