EMS Provider Licensing
Complete our Survey
DSHS would like you to complete a short online survey. The information provided assists DSHS to continually improve and be more responsive to the needs of customers.
First Responder Organizations
For information and forms visit the First Responder Registration information page.
For additional help or if you have questions about EMS First Responder forms or processing contact 512-834-6734.
- Texas Administrative Code 157.11, Requirements for an EMS Provider License
- Texas Administrative Code 157.3, Processing EMS Provider Licenses and Applications
- Texas Administrative Code 157.12, Rotor-wing Air Ambulance Operations
- Texas Administrative Code 157.13, Fixed-wing Air Ambulance Operations
Forms and Documents
Use the following checklist as a guide regarding required documentation and elaboration of each provider licensing requirement.
- EMS Provider Initial License Checklist
- EMS Provider Renewal License Checklist
- EMS Provider Initial Survey Checklist
- EMS Provider Survey FAQs
- EMS Quality Assurance Plan Tool
- Virtual Inspections/Surveys Procedure
- Administrator of Record
- Administrator of Record renewal
- EMS Provider Declaration Form
- EMS Personnel Form
- EMS Station Location List
- EMS Headquarters Physical Location Change
- EMS Vehicle Form
- Subscription Program Surety Bond
- Medicaid Surety Bonds for Ambulance Providers
- Medical Director Form
- Notifications / Changes Form
- Replacement License / Authorization Form
- Variance Request Form
Notices and Signs
Note that money mail is to be submitted to a different address than submittals without payment.
Mailed/Overnight Fee Payments
Use/Submit the below linked cover sheet and address for mailed/overnight fee payments:
Submission with No Fee
Use one of the links below for the appropriate cover sheet and address for any submission with no fee payment:
Get In Touch