Contractor Resources - Routine HIV Testing
Required Reporting for Routine HIV Testing Contractors
All DSHS Contract Management Section (CMS) Required Prevention Grantee Forms are available online. Submit forms to the applicable email address (see below). Copy the assigned contract manager and your program consultant.
DSHS CMS Required Forms
Invoices and Voucher Submission
Grantees must submit monthly requests for reimbursement of services performed. The deadline is the last business day of the month following service delivery.
Grantees must identify expenditures by budget category. they must submit both the State of Texas Voucher Form B-13 and the Voucher Support Form to both Invoice inboxes: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Form B-13 Invoice – Purchase Voucher Form – Submit monthly, even if zero dollars, along with the Voucher Support Form. DO NOT COMBINE MONTHS.
- Voucher Support Form – Details monthly expenditures by category.
Financial Status Report – FSR Form 269A
Grantees with contract categorical budgets must submit quarterly FSRs to System Agency. Submit the FSR by the last business day of the month following the end of each quarter.
The FSR form must be sent from the Certifying Official to the FSR Grants inbox and the assigned Contract Manager. Email: FSRGrants@dshs.texas.gov
Submit the final FSR no later than forty-five (45) calendar days following the end of the applicable term.
A grantee’s request for certain budget revisions or other amendments must be submitted in writing (email). Include a justification for the request to the assigned contract manager and cc your program consultant.
We may grant revisions or other amendment requests at our discretion.
Cumulative budget transfers among direct cost categories, such as Personnel, Travel, Supplies, etc., can happen without an amendment if the transfers are less than 10% of the allocation amount (10% rule), or 25% for local health departments/districts. You cannot transfer funds between funding opportunities, i.e., scopes of work.
Transfers to or from the Equipment or Indirect category will always require an amendment.
Request for Budget Change Form
Discuss your request for a budget change with your program consultant. Complete and email/submit the Request for Budget Change Form anytime you want to move funds. Note the 10% and 25% rules above.
Property Inventory Report (Form GC-11)
An updated Inventory Report is due every October 15. Email updated report to COSequip@dshs.texas.gov
All DSHS HIV/STD-funded programs must complete and submit reports according to the due dates identified in the HIV/ROUTN Contract. Contact your consultant ASAP if you will not be able to meet this deadline.
Quality Assurance and Monitoring
Contractors must ensure the performance of activities is of a high quality. It must be in full compliance with all the requirements and align with the Routine Screening Program Quality Management Core Tool. Quality Assurance self-audits must be conducted each fiscal year at all screening sites using the HIV/STD Prevention and Care Branch, Routine Screening Program Quality Management Core Tool. Documentation of self–audits, the corrective action plan, and implementation of the corrective action plan must be kept on file for a minimum of three years following the date of the self-audits. All documentation must be made available to the DSHS program staff for review.
- For more information about routine HIV screening call 737-255-4300. Ask to speak to a routine screening consultant.
Routine Testing Resources
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- HIV Algorithm
- Lab Reporting Language and Interpretation
- CDC Recommendations for HIV Testing in Laboratories
Billing and Coding
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Screening for HIV: Current Recommendations
- Medicaid – Volume 1. General Information: Appendix C: HIV/AIDS
Referral to Care and Services
- Helping Texas Clinicians Achieve Disease Intervention
- CDC HIV/STD Partner Services Recommendations
- ADAP, SPAP – Drug assistance programs
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau Ryan White Program
Test Texas HIV Coalition
Texas Law and Routine HIV Testing
- General and Informed Consent - Texas Health and Safety Code §81.105 & §81.106
- Delivering positive test results - Texas Health and Safety Code §81.109
- Reporting HIV test results to appropriate local/regional health authority - Texas Health and Safety Code §81.041, §81.042, §81.043, & §81.044 and Texas Administrative Code §97.133 & §97.134.
- HIV and Texas Law Fact Sheet
Guidelines and Recommendations
- CDC Guidelines for HIV Testing
- U.S. Preventative Services Task Force Recommendation for Screening for HIV
- Routine HIV Testing Script
- TRAIN Texas
- Implementing Routine Testing in Texas (Course ID 1033254)
- Perinatal HIV Prevention (Course ID 1029521)
- Expedited Partner Services: the Standard for Treating Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Course ID 1028867)
- National AETC
- South Central AIDS Education & Training Center
- HIV and STD Educational Materials Available from DSHS
- Routine HIV Testing as a Standard of Care Implementation Checklist
- Make HIV Testing Routine in Your Practice
- An Overview of HIV in Texas
- CDC HIV/AIDS Science Facts
- Texas HIV Medication Program
- Billing Coding Guide for HIV Prevention: PrEP, Screening, and Linkage Services from NASTAD
- HIV/STD Partner Services: The Health Provider’s Role
- Texas Medicaid Vol. 1, Appendix C: HIV/AIDS – February 2018