2017-2021 Texas HIV Plan
The 2017-2021 Texas HIV Plan, A Public Health Blueprint for Fighting HIV in Texas, is a road map for preventing new HIV infections in Texas and ensuring that individuals living with HIV have access to systems of care. Health departments funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through the Comprehensive HIV Prevention Programs for Health Departments Funding Opportunity Announcement, are required to have an HIV prevention planning process that includes the establishment of an HIV prevention planning group (HPG) and the development of a jurisdictional HIV prevention plan. The Division of State HIV/AIDS Programs within the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) requires Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part B Grantees to convene a planning advisory group and to submit a Statewide Coordinated Statement of Need (SCSN), a requirement of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act Extension of 2009.
In alignment with June 2015 guidance from the CDC and HRSA, the Texas HIV Syndicate serves as the Texas integrated HIV prevention and care planning group. The Texas HIV Syndicate includes representation from people living with HIV, community stakeholders, and HIV prevention and care organizational leaders. The 2017-2021 Texas HIV Plan was shaped by the input and direction of the Texas HIV Syndicate as well as more than 600 comments from individuals and communities impacted by HIV, people living with HIV, clinicians, and researchers. DSHS provides administrative support to the Texas HIV Syndicate.
To download a copy of the 2017-2021 Texas HIV Plan visit the Texas HIV Plan page of the Texas HIV Syndicate website.
- DSHS HIV Core and Support Service Categories
- Administrative Agencies
- DSHS HIV Care Services Comprehensive Plan Guidance
- Texas Counties Served by AA/HDSA and EMA/TGA
- HSDA, EMA, PHR & Planning Area(s) for Each of the 254 Texas Counties
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) HIV/AIDS
- CDC National Prevention Information Network (NPIN)
- HIV & Hepatitis
- National HIV Testing Resources
- National Association of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD)
- National Minority AIDS Council (NMAC)
- AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC)
- The National Minority AIDS Education Center